Travelling plans for 2018-2019

So, at the beginning of new year it's appropriate to look ahead on make plans and promises :) 
I decided to write down our family plans for upcoming year. 
Reasons are many, first one is - dream big, they tend to go true. But more practical reason is, that I have only 28 days of vacation in a year - that sets quite strict limits. Plus the budget, always the budget.

Like other years before - we have planned to divide the trips so, that every other is with kids.

Currently we have confirmed two trips. Very tight budget trip to Lanzarote and family weekend getaway to Venice. Those two trips already book 7 vacation days from 28. That leaves only 21 days to spend. Ok, true - I can always get unpaid leave days, but that shoots too big hole to the budget, so I prefer not to use this option. In addition I have to keep in mind children school break times + cat nanny availability. 

To get the longest vacation, escapre dark and rainy weather and save money - we have decided that next Christmas and new years time we spend in Spain. True - hotels and flights are the most expensive then, but spending time at home during this holiday, is very expensive as well. And it keeps in control of my vacation days :) Juhuu. I calculated that two weeks holiday will spend only 6 vacation days, which will leave me still 15 days left.

Why I need those leftover days? I have a dream - I want to spend 3 weeks backback in south east asia. We have talked about this, me and my man and it seems, that he doesn't particularly mind this trip as well :) Plus my brother and sister in law are intresed to join (I think that they actually initiated the dream), so it seems like a great opportunity do to it. 

So here it is. In 2018 we will visist Lanzarote and Venice. End of a year we go to Spain (somewhere in mainland, I think) and beginning of 2019 Vietnam.





Comments